Mapping Engine is designed to allow users to edit information regarding the facility, building and floors including floor maps, floor names, facility address, and so on.
- Select “Mapping Engine” > “Facility Maps” from the left-hand navigation panel.
- Select “Campus or facility” to Add or Edit.
Click the Edit Campus blue button to display the following:
- Edit Campus name, address, and description in the designated fields.
- A Google map with the Campus address will show on the right of the page.
- To edit/overlay a new outdoor map click on the button at the bottom of the page
- Click on the upload button to upload or overlay art flies. Once you have successfully uploaded your overlay map you have the option to move, resize and make transparent your map to correct position before saving.
NOTE: Our tool does not allow users to rotate image, so you must make sure your buildings/parking lot maps are rotated/positioned correctly according to the google map projection. Before saving always check that the location pin is place directly on campus or facility by dragging to edit.
Click the Edit Facility blue button to display the following:
- Edit facility name, address, and description in the right fields as described previously for “Edit Campus”.
- Add pixel to meter ratio conversion after adding your first floor to “Floor Management” located below the Add/Edit Campus/Facility options,
- Select “Edit” to enter “Set up map scale”
- Check the “Measuring tool” box.
- Use the curser measure the distance between two reliable points i.e doorway/hallway (the distance in pixel box will be filled).
- Enter the “Distance in meters” as you know it in the empty field i.e a typical door way is 0.9 meters. You can also find feet to meter calculators online if you know the distance in feet.
To add a floor, from the Facility Maps home page, click the “Add” green button in the floor management section to display the following:
- In the name field, enter desired floor name, i.e L1, L2
- Select “Update map” to browse through files on your computer.
- Select “Upload” to add file.
- Select “Save” to save and exit.
Repeat steps to add additional floors.