This document describes the expected functionalities and user experience available through the integration of SPREO’s SDK with a resource booking system (RBS) such as Microsoft Exchange.
SPREO does not provide RBS capabilities, but only provides a map-centric user interface(UI)/user experience for an existing RBS that is already in use within a client’s organization. SPREO augments RBS systems with indoor location technology and/or mapping technology by providing map-based booking.
General RBS Integration Functionality
SPREO’s mapping platform, when paired with an RBS system, can provide users the ability to:
- Search for available spaces using categories, keywords and filters
- View current status (available/not available) of reservable spaces on a venue map
- View details of reservable spaces including amenities and images
- Reserve a space (create an event)
- Name the event
- Define the time, date, and duration of the event
- Add other people
- When another user is added, the user could be notified via email and an event will be added to their calendar (if the RBS or scheduling system provides this)
- View a personal calendar
- See events they created
- Delete events
- Navigate to an event from the calendar
- Navigate to reservable spaces
- step-by-step navigation or
- static wayfinding (no location)
Visualizing Reservable Spaces on a Map
This is achieved by linking reservable spaces within the RBS system with a POI in the SPREO system and defining a “polygonal area” within the SPREO CMS. These polygonal areas can be represented on user-facing interfaces such as a mobile app, web interface, or kiosk with pre-determined colors which can be manipulated based on the status of that area (such as red for unavailable and green for available). Status is checked periodically via an API call to the RBS system. User’s can interact with reservable spaces to perform booking operations and wayfinding.